Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I know it's been a long time.

I never have been good at keeping up with a journal or blog. Oh well, I am who I am, and I'm learning to embrace that. If you're coming here to see an up to date blog, you're in the wrong place. This really is just a place for me to ramble on about things that interest me at the time.


Anyway, I'm back because I have something to say. I've been reading a lot lately. I just finished Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. I loved it! It was an amazing account of heaven from a 4 year old's perspective. It's reinforced my thoughts on Heaven. I can not say enough about it. I believe that everyone should read it.

I've also been thinking a lot about parenting styles. Most of my thoughts are because I feel so lost some days in what to do with these children that God has blessed me with. I know I want to be a gentle parent and parent the way I believe that Jesus would have. It's so easy to fall into that trap of yelling and trying to control them. After all, that's what a lot of so called "parenting experts" would want us to believe. Their way is the best way, period. In the coming days, I will be sharing my thoughts on this subject. The good, the bad and the ugly.

No comments: