Saturday, August 21, 2010

A whole different world

I the world of an "average family" being considered 1 or 2 kids, we look very different. Most people didn't say anything when I had three. Some would comment, but it was mostly about the fact that they are all three boys. Now that I have baby, things have changed. I hear a lot of, "You look very busy.", and "Finally got your girl huh?". While I understand that most people mean well, it's enough to know that people are staring at me. They don't have to say something too. Do they stop to think of how it makes the boys feel when they ask, "Finally got your girl?" Like my three boys weren't enough, we had to have a girl. I was just happy having boys and would've been just as happy had little Raindrop come out a girl too. I love all my children. They are all from God, regardless of their gender.

Don't even get me started on going out to eat. Even though Raindrop is only 3.5 months old, we still have to seat 5 people. Most places aren't' set up for that. Why? I have no idea. Our food takes forever for some reason and it's always expensive.

Regardless, I love my family. I don't care what others think, when I come through the store with all my kids in tow. They are loud, there's lots of us and we will be out in public. Too bad if you don't like it.

No comments: