Friday, March 1, 2013

40 Days to a Stronger Marriage ~ Day 15 & 16

WooHoo! It's Friday! I don't know about you, but I can't wait for this weekend. I am so looking forward to having G.I. Joe home, so we can all be together. It's been a whirlwind week around here and we all need the rest and relaxation.

Today, I want to talk about being spontaneous. This comes naturally for some, but not others. I believe it's one thing that we need to pay careful attention to. To much and we can create chaos, to little and there's no surprise in the relationship.

There are many ways to be spontaneous. Get a babysitter so the two of you can go out to dinner alone. Have the kids in bed before he gets home from work. Instead of hanging out at home all weekend, go do something fun as a family. If you routinely go out on Saturdays, stay in all weekend. You get the idea.
This picture was taken, by me, at the lake by our house. It's just a short walk to this beautiful area. We frequently load the kids up on their bikes and in the wagon, on a moments notice, to take a walk.
Day 15 & 16
Be spontaneous this weekend. Do something fun with your husband and create some great memories. 
Remember, it's about FUN. Don't stress over it. Just do what feels right in the moment. 

1 comment:

Erika ~ Prey Species @ www.preyspecies.com said...

Woohoo! Motivation to play - I'm on it! Thanks for sticking with this series - my husband and I are really enjoying it! :)