Friday, December 12, 2008

Different perceptions

Reading though a book I came accross this quote, "You define what's stressfull and what's just one of lifes redirections. So id you choose to view your life as a learning process, then you'll experience the "stressful" events differently. You'll be able to sop seeing things as either good or bad, and start appreciating them as opportunities to learn to deal with difficulties-maybe you'll even see them as having potential future benefits."

What an interesting way to look at things. It seems so simple, doesn't it? With kids I'm faced with stressful situations every day, many, many times a day. Looking at the situation as a redirection helps me to not get so upset with my kids. So what if they spill the cereal. It's an opportunity to teach them how to sweep.

It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind of things. What time is it? Crap! I'm late! Ugh, you did what? That's another thing I need to wash now! I could go on and on. Instead of looking at the negative side of it, why not look at the positive and see where it takes you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree comepletely.
This is something that I often do and try to get DH to do. Men are sometimes more resistent though! LOL!