Thursday, May 2, 2013

Finishing Up Our School Year

We are at then end of our school year. May is the month we start looking forward to summer and all of the events we will be doing then. We have a full summer of camping, swimming lessons, Roots and Shoots and Bible Scamp.

Among all of this, I still like to find time for some school. Mainly math and reading. I have found that if I let them go for too long without working on these subjects, they start to "forget." I don't know if it's forget as much as it is just getting out of the habit.

So, yesterday I sat down and planned our school work for the rest of May. We will finish everything that I wanted to by the end of this month! Yeah! We will have just math and reading for the month of June, take July off and the first week of August. Then, we will start to get back into the school habit the last three weeks of August with just math and reading again.

I created a planner document just for this. I don't need as much space for the summer as I do during our school year, and I didn't want to fuss with a whole planner. This is just one page with space for two children. My younger two are still learning through lots and lots of play, so they didn't need a column. You may download this and use it as you wish. All I ask is that you don't link directly to the document. If you would like to share it, please link back to this post and give me proper credit.

You can go here to download this item. It is a free document.


No comments: