Friday, May 25, 2012

Our Daily Schedule

I told you all yesterday that I would share how I planned to accomplish everything in our plans. Before I get into that, I want to stress to everyone that I make many plans, but they are all changeable. If it's not working, doesn't feel right or if we are forcing ourselves to do something, we find another way. I don't want to force my kids through something if it's not right. There are so many resources out there that we can find something to fit for our family and I encourage you to do the same. One of the best pieces of advice I got my first year of homeschooling was not to be worried if something isn't working out. Homeschooling is a way of life, not just a part of our life. We don't need to follow a set curriculum in order for our children to learn. Oh, how freeing this was for me to hear.

On with my (tentative) plan:

Daily as a family:
Bible.
Scripture memory
Hymn Study
Literature
Poetry
Foreign Language

Daily as individuals with mom:
Reading
Math
Copywork/ Dictation
Typing

Monday                               Tuesday                           
History/Geography                History/Geogrophy            
Artist study*                         Grammar                                
Music study*                                                                

Wednesday                       Thursday
Science                               Science
Artist study*
 Music study*

* Artist and Music study alternates by month. In August we will do an artist study and in September we will switch to music study. We will alternate between the two for the rest of the year.

There you have it, our daily schedule. As you can see, not everything happens every day. The subjects we do daily are not all that involved and take just a short time to finish. So, even though it looks like a lot to accomplish, it's really very simple.
 

No comments: