Wednesday, April 3, 2013

40 Days to a Stronger Marriage ~ Day 31

Welcome back! I'm so glad you are on this journey with me!

Today might be a little bit harder for some of us. We are going to focus on an area of disagreement within our marriage. We've all been there at one point or another. That one area that we just can't come to an agreement.

Some will say that you just need to default to the husbands position on it. I disagree. I believe that God wants us to come to an agreement. Sometimes that means we step back and let him make the decision. Sometimes that means our husband steps back and lets us decide. Most of the time, I believe, it should mean that we talk it through and AGREE on the plan of action. This has been big in strengthening my marriage because it means that we often have to put ourselves aside and take a good look at the "other side." We don't build up resentment because one side is always getting their way. We have had to learn to communicate with each other. So, take some time to pray on an area of disagreement today and see what God does.
Day 31
What is an area of disagreement in your marriage? Commit to praying about it daily.

No comments: