Tuesday, April 16, 2013

40 Days to a Stronger Marriage ~ Day 36

Wow! Day 36! How are things going? Are you noticing a difference in your relationship? I sure am! I will wait to share the details with you until day 40.

I want to focus on politeness today. I believe it has become a lost art, so to speak. We are all in a hurry and it's so easy to be short with others. Especially, those who are closest to us. Our husband and kids can end up getting the short end of the stick most days. I'm guilty of this myself. It's something I'm working on.

Now, when I say polite, I do not mean doormat. I just mean polite. Miriam-Webster defines "polite" as this:

Definition of POLITE

1
a : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of advanced culture
b : marked by refined cultural interests and pursuits especially in arts and belles letters
2
a : showing or characterized by correct social usage
b : marked by an appearance of consideration, tact, deference, or courtesy
c : marked by a lack of roughness or crudities 
 
I believe that 2 b fits what I am trying to convey in this post. We need to treat our husbands with consideration, tact and courtesy. I learned a long time ago from some very wise women over at Gentle Christian Mothers to always assume positive intent in others actions and words. I strive to do this each day and it really does help. 

Day 36
Be polite in your words and actions toward your husband.

No comments: