Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day plan.

We are taking the week "off" from our usual homeschooling routine, so I can get ready for the big birthday party! Hurricane and Raindrop will be celebrating their birthday's together due to some really bad weather in March. Hopefully all of this snow is gone by this weekend. Yes, it's snowing again. Don't ask me how I like it. I'm likely to start yelling.

Anyway, because we are taking the week off from our normal routine, doesn't mean we are stopping everything. It's Earth Day today, so I thought we could do something fun today! We are going to read "It's Earth Day" by Mercer Mayer. We will discuss some of the issues raised in the book. Such as; turning off lights when we leave the room, walking when we can, using the clothesline in the summer.

Then, I thought we could watch "The Lorax." Netflix has is available in streaming! Yea! To go along with this, I thought we could do some of the activities from Homeschoolshare.com. We won't do the whole lap book in one day. After all, this is supposed to be a light week.



So, what are you doing for Earth Day? Anything special? Is is just another day for you? If you do something special and want to share, be sure to put the link in the comments section! Have a great day!

No comments: