Wednesday, April 17, 2013

40 Days to a Stronger Marriage ~ Day 37

Today is all about touch. Physical touch is not one of my man love languages, but I still feel a need for it. Touching helps us connect. I relate it to dealing with children. When they are doing something and we want them to stop, the best way is to get on their level and gently touch them. That way, we know that we have their attention. Sure, we can yell, but does it really work? In my house, I am the one who yells. I am working on it, but it's hard. My kids are used to my yelling voice and can easily ignore it. When I take the time to gently touch their shoulder, I have their attention.

Back to the topic at hand, our husbands. We want their attention right? We need to touch them. As you walk by, touch his arm. Sneak a quick hug in as you pass in the hallway. Give a shoulder rub after a long day. It's easy to ignore this. I know, I have 4 kids and by the time G.I. Joe is home from work, I am "touched out." It's hard to fill his need for physical touch some days. I am open and honest with him when I just need some space, but I make sure to come back and do those little things throughout the day.

Day 37
Make an effort to physically touch your husband in some small way each day.

No comments: