Tuesday, March 5, 2013

40 Days to a Stronger Marriage ~ Day 18

I hope every one's day went well yesterday. One thing I wanted to talk about today is consistency. It's easy to do most of these challenges in a day. The hard part comes when we commit to continuing them throughout the rest of our days. No, we don't have to do every single challenge, every single day. We do need to make sure we aren't just doing them once and checking them off the list, then never doing them again. That will not create a strong marriage.

So, to make it easy for you, here is a list of all of the challenges we've done so far. I will also place a tab at the top of my blog labeled "40 Days to a Stronger Marriage" sometime in the coming days.

1. Pray for your husband.
2. Tell your husband your intentions.
3. List 10 things you love and appreciate about your husband.
4. List 10 things you don't like about your husband, then throw it away.
5. Identify and area you need to improve on and get to work.
6. Set up a weekly date night.
7.  Tell your husband you love them, each day.
8. List 3 ways you are different from your husband and how they complete you.
9 & 10. Put your focus on God.
11 - 13. Create your lifetime honeymoon.
14. Commit your life and marriage to Christ.
15 & 16. Be spontaneous.
17.  Kiss your husband each day. Really kiss him.


It looks like a lot, and it is. Happily ever after doesn't just happen on it's own. We need to be intentional about it.

Now, for today, I want to talk about devotions. I read my Bible every day. I miss here and there, but not often anymore. I learned my lesson with that one. The days that I don't get into God's word, don't go as well as they should. With that said, I don't often read WITH my husband. We get caught up in life. We talk about God's word, and encourage one another, but we don't actually STUDY together. I believe this is important. That's why it is my challenge for day 18.

Day 18
Commit to reading God's word together daily. 
Find a good devotional for couples, read a psalm a day, etc. Whatever works for you and your husband. Just make sure you are getting into God's word. 

1 comment:

Erika ~ Prey Species @ www.preyspecies.com said...

I love this one! We have started doing some bible study after dinner while the baby is resting - it's been wonderful!