Wednesday, March 6, 2013

40 Days to a Stronger Marriege ~ Day 19

We've spent 18 days talking about what we can do to create a stronger marriage. I started this as a way to help me organize my thoughts and to hold myself to my commitment. I am grateful for those of you who have decided to walk this journey with me. Most of our challenges have been very simple. That's part of the beauty of marriage. It's work, but if you put in the time to do the simple things, a great marriage will result!

Today, I want to talk a bit about "Love Languages." The 5 Love Languages book has been a wonderful help to me in my 8 years of marriage. The book states that there are 5 main "Love Languages" and we all speak one main language, with the rest trailing behind. There is one main way we show our love and feel loved by others.

It's important that we learn to speak our husbands "Love Language." We need to learn to show him love in a way that HE can understand and feel. The same way we would like him to speak our love language. I encourage you to have him go to the 5 Love Languages web page and take the quiz to discover his love language. Then, it becomes your responsibility to learn about that particular language and start speaking it to him.


Day 18
Learn your husbands "Love Language" and how to "speak" it to him. Then commit to speaking it to him for the rest of your life.

No comments: